Copyright and licensing.
Unless otherwise stated, the original textual content and visual designs on this website are the copyright of Birkbeck, University of London, and they are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). The Open Library of Humanities and its logos are registered trademarks.
The CC BY licence allows you to share and adapt these materials, as long as you properly credit the source. Proper attribution of the OLH must be given in the following manner:
- Attribute the materials wherever they appear, including published end-product websites.
- Spell out the full name of the Open Library of Humanities and provide
a link to our website, as in one of these examples:
- “The Open-Access Movement” was first published by the Open Library of Humanities, openlibhums.org
- Diamond open-access diagram by the Open Library of Humanities
- Display the attribution so that it is clearly visible and easily legible, not obscured or hidden, with text that is the same size as the main text in your work, or a minimum of 12pt (print) or 18px (web), whichever is larger.
- Under no circumstances may your use or attribution of our materials misconstrue the Open Library of Humanities as a publisher of your works.